Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A reunion after a long time in waiting...

It's been a long time since I've seen my Dad... I made contact with him again a few months back and with some phone calls and lots of emotions and feelings, The kids and I took a trip up to the valley to make the long awaited visit. I was very nervous,excited and scared all in one. For the last 5 years this day has been tugging at my heart that I needed to make this connection with my dad, but not only for me but for the sake of my Children, they needed to know there Grandpa.. There had been a lot of bitter sweet feelings in the past that I wanted to put behind me and move forward and find my Dad and mend that relationship and fill that empty space in my heart of that love you hold for your father. With that said... We had a warm welcome... There is a lot to catch up on but we had a great time sharing stories and laughing. I believe in my heart that this can be a blessing...
My Dad seems to be a proud Grandpa.. He couldn't get enough of Destin.. He couldn't get over how Beautiful Shelyse is...

In this picture with my Dad and the kids is Darlene.. She adores my Dad and has taken good care of him.. I owe her thanks for that.. She was very sweet and made us feel very welcome... Thanks Darlene. She looks like one of the kids shes so little. :)
My Dad couldn't wait to get busy sharing his toys with Dest... He had Destin driving the tractor, Shooting the BB & pellet gun and we all took our turn looking through the binoculars at the Elk, Deer and yes we seen 5 Buffalo. We also had fun watching the humming birds.

We had a good time, the kids are already asking when we're going back before we hit the stop sign.. I'm so thankful for the happy ending.. We'll be seeing them again soon.




1 comment:

  1. Penny, you are an amazing person. I know that listening to the urging to make contact with your dad will be a blessing to you and your kids. You have tackled so much heartache in your life but remain a tender, open person. You are such an example to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete