Monday, March 29, 2010

A long week...

I'm tired.... It's been a long 5 days Shelyse had surgery on Wednesday, She had her tonsil & adenoids out which has been a long time in the waiting we are so happy well I guess I'm happy shes not.. but that means no more trips to the emergency room. "That gets old real fast" She is doing lots better than I expected we did have a few long nights. Shes a stinker she wouldn't let me get NO pictures and I didn't want to make her anymore grouchy then she already is, but shes doing better and starting to eat more solid food. One down one more to go...
Also this weekend we took a trip up the valley to be with my Dad and Darlene to help them put there dog Molly down. She has been there child and best friend for 10 years. She was a boviea de flounder "not really sure on the spelling but that's the best I can do" not many people know what kind of dogs they are they are very rare. They are giants She was about 140 pounds the week before she got sick. My Dad took her to the vet on Monday and found out she had cancer but Saturday it was time for her to go. I am very grateful that Sean and I were able to be of support for them during this time, and I am thankful to my sweet husband for being willing to go out and dig that big grave and help my Dad with this decision and understanding, I know we made it lots easier for them, and to my sweet sister in law Heidi for her support of coming over to help get Molly ready and the sweet poem and words she shared to comfort my Dad & Darlene and to help them know what they were making the right decision. We love our pets just like our children, But today is a new week and hopefully we will be able to get all rested up for Destin his surgery is on the 8Th..

No comments:

Post a Comment