Friday, April 16, 2010

Frontdoor makeover




























This is something I don't think I would ever recommend doing... I truly think this was not one of my brightest ideas... But I couldn't stand it NO more I was just waiting for it to get a little warmer. As you can tell in the pictures above the door was a ugly dark dark stain that had been scratched EVERYWHERE the sides and bottom had been totally destroyed from a dog a big one!! And I'm sure it has been like this since the 80's.I forgot to take my before picture of the outside where most of the damage was so I cheated and took it of the inside so its kinda dark.. I still have some work to do and of course the staining but I called it quits for now but I WILL finish it this weekend. but what do you think?? I kinda like it and I for sure will like when it's all done, But like i said I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO NO ONE!!! Go buy a new door..

3 comments:

  1. Funny you should post this, we are getting ready to stain ours. It's a redish color now and we want to stain it a dark walnut. Maybe we shouldn't.I'll just let Daune do it and not tell him. the redo looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Penn, You have made that place look amazing! What wonderful talent you have. It must run in the family...all the girls in this family have special decorating talents...good job!
    Love you...

    ReplyDelete