Thursday, November 5, 2009

The great american past time...

Five years ago while on our honeymoon... Sean wanted to spend a whole lot of time in our hotel room... This is suppose to be a good thing on your honeymoon right? WRONG... He wanting to be there was for a whole different reason. He wanted to be there because the Yankees were playing the Red sox for the pennant. Long story short Yankees had a 3 games to 0 lead... In a best of 7 series. They only needed one more win easy right...wrong.. As many know the Red Sox came back won next four games some going as long as 13 -14 innings... This leading to the Red Sox first world series championship in 85 years... I knew Sean was a Yankees fan and a Baseball fan when I met him I just didn't realize how crazy Yankee fans become in the playoffs.. Over the last five years Sean has managed to convert me and the kids in to Yankee fans as well.. Fast forward 5 years to October 2009 we have enjoyed watching every minute of every game, five years ago I didn't care to know any thing about the boring sport of baseball. Today I know who the players are.. Which ones we like.. believe it or not I understand a RBI, ERA, BA, slugging pct, designated hitter and MVP. WOW Who would of thunk!!! We have enjoyed spending time cheering, screaming, clapping, booing "Chase Utley"and crying. It's even helped Sean and my Dad build a relationship razing each other over there teams before, during and after the games each night over the phone..
The Yankees have now won the pennant 40 times out of those 40 times they have brought home 27 yes that is TWENTY SEVEN World series championships. So if any of you have heard all the cheering and screaming or you see any of us with a smile that just wont seem to wipe off our faces don't worry its just that we are true Yankee fans.... # 28 here we come...





No comments:

Post a Comment